Ten of Japan’s best game composers release free album for Christmas
Music producer Kevin Pescoran has released a brand new original album, Imported Game Music (I.G.M.), on Bandcamp. Intended to popularise Japanese game music elsewhere in the world, the album consists of twelve original compositions from composers in Japan, all professionally mastered and with a distinct electronic style. The album was released on Christmas day as a gift to music lovers around the world.
There are ten top game artists featured in the album, among them our interviewees Hideyuki Fukasawa (Street Fighter IV), Tenpei Sato (Disgaea), Yuu Miyake (Katamari Damacy), and Go Sato (Raiden), as well as the composers of the Street Fighter, Lumines, Metal Gear, and Yakuza franchises. In addition, there are two tracks from non-game composers, namely band member Tomoaki Oga from the band DEIDARA and game designer Akira Ueda. The full track listings are below:
1. Tenpei Sato – Monsters Dream
2. eicheph (Hideyuki Fukasawa) – Fists
3. Go Sato – Sky High Elation
4. Dr. COVA (Hideaki Kobayashi) – Cleome
5. Takayuki Nakamura – Flash Memory
6. Yu Shimoda – Sennichimae-Indian
7. Jupiter-B (Hirokazu Koshio) – Flow and Discipline
8. Takahiro Izutani – Scramble
9. Marusho (Hidenori Shoji) – Marusho Service
10. Yuu Miyake (MIYAKEYUU STUDIO) – 140430MachikoroRemix
11. Akira Ueda – Two Chord (bonus track)
12. DEIDARA (Tomoaki Oga) – 1264-2years (bonus track)
Posted on December 26, 2014 by Chris Greening. Last modified on December 27, 2014.